Palyada Pudi or the spice mix for Stir fried vegetables.
- Thick bottomed pan
- 2 Medium Sized Bowls
- Air tight jar
- Coffee Blender
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds Kottambari Beeja in Kannada or Dhania in Hindi.
- 1.5 tbsp Chana Dal A type of Indian lentil. Kadale Bele in Kannada
- ½ tbsp Urad Dal A type of Indian lentil. Uddina Bele in Kannada
- 1 tbsp Peanuts Kadale Kayi in Kannada
- 8 piece Whole Red Chillies Prefer Byadagi Chillies(For colour) mixed with Guntur(for heat). Or you can also use any dry whole red chillies you can find locally.
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds Jeerige in Kannada or Jeera in Hindi
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds Menthyada beeja in Kannada and Methi ke dane in Hindi.
- 3-4 piece Dry curry leaves Karibevu Soppu in kannada or kadi Patta in Hindi.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Powder Ona Kobbari in Kannada.
- 1 tbsp Refined oil
- Add the lentils in to a thick bottomed pan with a table spoon of oil on a low medium flame, enough to roast the spices slowly..
- Roast the lentils till they turn golden brown. Add the rest of the spices except, the coconut power. Roast till you smell the pungent heat of the chillies.
- Now add the coconut powder and roast till the coconut powder turn golden brown.
- Switch off the heat, pour the spices onto a medium sized bowl and let it cool.
- Once it is cool, blend the roasted spices in the coffee blender and use it to make a Palya. Or transfer it into an air tight jar for later use.
- You have your Palyada Pudi!
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
India is home to millions of people who have been vegetarians for more than 2000 years. We want to bring the richness of that to your kitchens and hope it makes you as happy as I am.
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOU?
All our services are delivered online. We do not have or need a physical presence.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We will be launching the spice store soon. For other services, we will anounce the costs when we launch. Our goal is to keep it as affordable as possible so more people can benefit fromo our efforts. You can get more details by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
If you want me to conduct a class for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and will get back to you.
Who is this for?
Struggling with your health? Want to lose weight in a sustainable way? Want to adopt healthy food habits?
Our clients will be anyone who wants to, in general, adopt healthy food habits or have health problems due to high blood sugar. Amma's kitchen is in the process of setting up the team to soon launch a Clinical trial to get data to train the AI that will help our nutritionists to deliver personalised nutritional advice.
Plus our team of therapists are at your disposal to help those who know what is the right food to eat, but have problems maintaining the right diet and help them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY FOOD HABITS THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Be in touch!
If you have the passion for vegetarian food, we are here to show you how to adopt Indian Vegetarian into your life and home as a vegan/vegetarian or along with meat.