Lemon Rice or Nimbe Hannina Chitra Anna
- Thick bottomed pan
- Stainless Steel Ladle
- Cutting Board
- 10 gram Black Mustard Seeds Sasive Kalu in Kannada
- 5 gram Asafoetida Hing in Kannada
- 50 gram Cashew nuts Godambi in Kannada
- 5 piece Curry leaves
- 20 gram Coconut, desiccated
- 1000 gram Steamed Rice See the Anna recipe:
- 1 piece Lemon Nimbe Hannu in Kannada
- 10 gram Urad Dal A type of Indian Lentil. Uddina Bele in Kannada
- 2 tbsp Refined Oil Prefer Peanut oil if you can find it.
- 3 piece Green Chillies
- 10 gram Chana Dal A type of Indian Lentil. Kadale Bele in Kannada
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder Arishina in Kannada and Haldi in Hindi.
Cut the vegetables
- Dice the green chillies in fine, small pieces. Do not throw away the seeds. Keep them.
- Add hot water to the desiccated coconut and keep aside.
Make the Lemon Rice
- Keep the pan on a medium flame. Add 1 table spoon of oil. Let the oil heat up.
- To the hot oil add the mustard seeds, let it splutter. Add hing. Roast for 5 more seconds.
- Add the lentils and cashew nuts, then fry them till they are golden brown on a low medium heat. Do not keep the heat high as it will burn the spices and they will remain uncooked inside. Better slow and well roasted.
- Now add turmeric powder and green chillies and mix well.
- Add the steam rice by hand, a handful each time. Use your fingers to separate each grain of rice from the others mimicking a sprinkling action.
- Mildly squeeze the water from the coconut and add it to the mix. Mix the rice and the spices well.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze its juice onto the rice mix.
- If you prefer, you can garnish it with some chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- There you have your Lemon Rice! Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
India is home to millions of people who have been vegetarians for more than 2000 years. We want to bring the richness of that to your kitchens and hope it makes you as happy as I am.
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOU?
All our services are delivered online. We do not have or need a physical presence.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We will be launching the spice store soon. For other services, we will anounce the costs when we launch. Our goal is to keep it as affordable as possible so more people can benefit fromo our efforts. You can get more details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
If you want me to conduct a class for you, please email us at email@example.com with the details and will get back to you.
Who is this for?
Struggling with your health? Want to lose weight in a sustainable way? Want to adopt healthy food habits?
Our clients will be anyone who wants to, in general, adopt healthy food habits or have health problems due to high blood sugar. Amma's kitchen is in the process of setting up the team to soon launch a Clinical trial to get data to train the AI that will help our nutritionists to deliver personalised nutritional advice.
Plus our team of therapists are at your disposal to help those who know what is the right food to eat, but have problems maintaining the right diet and help them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY FOOD HABITS THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Be in touch!
If you have the passion for vegetarian food, we are here to show you how to adopt Indian Vegetarian into your life and home as a vegan/vegetarian or along with meat.