Aloo Gedde Huli
Eerulli Aloo Gedde Huli
- Pressure cooker
- Medium Sized Pot
- Stainless Steel Ladle
- Cutting Board
- Medium sized Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 3 piece Yellow Onion Medium sized
- 3 piece Potatoes Medium Sized
- 30 gram Tamarind Pulp. If you have a paste, then use ¾ table spoon of the paste instead.
- 100 gram Toor Dal Or any popular local lentils you can.
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Refined Oil
- 30 gram Jaggery If you do not have Jaggery, you can use brown sugar instead.
- 50 gram Huli Pudi Check out how to make Huli Pudi here:
- 10 gram Brown Mustard Seeds
Prepare the Vegetables and Lentils
- In this Huli we will use Onions and Potatoes. So we will skin them,cut them into cubes and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Keep the Tamarind in a small bowl and pour hot water on it. Keep it aside to cook in the hot water.
- Take the lentil in the pressure cooker, wash it once.
- Add water to stand 2 inches over the lentils. Add 1 table spoon of oil and the turmeric. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it till 1 whistle from the cooker. You could also boil it in an open pot till the lentils are soft and cooked.
- While cooking it in an open pot, keep in mind that some lentils need to be soaked for a few hours or overnight as some of them can be tough to cook soft without a soak.
Cook the Huli
- Pour the cooked lentils onto a medium sized pot, keep on a medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- Add the vegetables. Salt to taste. Boil for 5 minutes. Make sure there is at least 3 inches of water over the vegetables and the lentils.
- Squeeze the pulp of the tamarind that you had kept aside. Make sure to take out all the tamarind seeds and fiber out. Pour the water with the pulp into the pot. Add the Jaggery. Boil for 5 minutes. on a slow heat.
- Now add the Huli Pudi and boil for another 10 minutes on a slow flame. Then switch it off the heat.
- Now take 1 table spoon of oil in a Stainless Steel Ladle. Keep the ladle on medium flame. Once the oil heats up, add mustard seeds. Let it splutter, then add hing. Let that roast for another 5 seconds. Pour that into the Huli and use the same ladle to mix it well into the Huli.
- Your Eerulli Aloo Gedde Huli is Ready. ENJOY! (Best served with Steamed Rice:
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
India is home to millions of people who have been vegetarians for more than 2000 years. We want to bring the richness of that to your kitchens and hope it makes you as happy as I am.
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOU?
All our services are delivered online. We do not have or need a physical presence.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We will be launching the spice store soon. For other services, we will anounce the costs when we launch. Our goal is to keep it as affordable as possible so more people can benefit fromo our efforts. You can get more details by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
If you want me to conduct a class for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and will get back to you.
Who is this for?
Struggling with your health? Want to lose weight in a sustainable way? Want to adopt healthy food habits?
Our clients will be anyone who wants to, in general, adopt healthy food habits or have health problems due to high blood sugar. Amma's kitchen is in the process of setting up the team to soon launch a Clinical trial to get data to train the AI that will help our nutritionists to deliver personalised nutritional advice.
Plus our team of therapists are at your disposal to help those who know what is the right food to eat, but have problems maintaining the right diet and help them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY FOOD HABITS THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Be in touch!
If you have the passion for vegetarian food, we are here to show you how to adopt Indian Vegetarian into your life and home as a vegan/vegetarian or along with meat.