- Medium Size Pot with lid
- 150 gram Rice Any kind
- 1 tbsp Oil Preferably peanut oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- This is a quick and easy way to cook the rice. No soaking. No fuss. And still get the best out of it 🙂
- Add a table spoon of oil into a medium sized pot and put it on the stove on medium heat fro 20 seconds.
- Now add the rice onto the rice and stir it with a spatula so that the oil coats every grain of the rice. Keep stirring it for another 10 seconds.
- Now add some water till there is an inch of water standing above the rice.
- Close the pot with its lid. Allow it to come to a boil Once you see that the water is boiling, bring the heat down to a simmer. Leave it to cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and check the rice. If you see some bubbles still popping, leave it on the stove till you see them no more. Once the top layer is dry enough, gently part the rice a bit with the spatula and if you do not see any wetness there, then the rice is done.
- Take a few grains of the cooked rice and see if it is soft, without any hardness. If it is soft, then there you have your steamed rice!
- Enjoy it with Majjige Huli or any other kind of Huli.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
India is home to millions of people who have been vegetarians for more than 2000 years. We want to bring the richness of that to your kitchens and hope it makes you as happy as I am.
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOU?
All our services are delivered online. We do not have or need a physical presence.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We will be launching the spice store soon. For other services, we will anounce the costs when we launch. Our goal is to keep it as affordable as possible so more people can benefit fromo our efforts. You can get more details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
If you want me to conduct a class for you, please email us at email@example.com with the details and will get back to you.
Who is this for?
Struggling with your health? Want to lose weight in a sustainable way? Want to adopt healthy food habits?
Our clients will be anyone who wants to, in general, adopt healthy food habits or have health problems due to high blood sugar. Amma's kitchen is in the process of setting up the team to soon launch a Clinical trial to get data to train the AI that will help our nutritionists to deliver personalised nutritional advice.
Plus our team of therapists are at your disposal to help those who know what is the right food to eat, but have problems maintaining the right diet and help them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY FOOD HABITS THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Be in touch!
If you have the passion for vegetarian food, we are here to show you how to adopt Indian Vegetarian into your life and home as a vegan/vegetarian or along with meat.