- Thick bottomed pan
- Coffee Blender
- Medium sized Bowl
- Air tight jar
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds Kottambari Beeja in Kannada
- ½ tsp Urad Dal Uddina Bele in Kananda
- ½ tsp Chana Dal Kadale Bele in Kannada
- ¼ tsp Methi Seeds Menthyada Beeja in Kannada
- ¼ inch Cinnamon Stick Dalchinni in Kannada
- 4 piece Dry Red Chillies Kempu Menasina Kayi in Kannada
- 2 piece Clove or Laung Lavanga in Kannada
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida Hing in Kannada
- 3 tbsp Coconut Powder Ona Kobbari in Kannada
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil Prefer Peanut oil for better aroma
- Add 1 table spoon of oil onto a thick bottomed pan. Put the pan on low medium heat, just enough to roast the spices slowly. Once teh oil heats up add hing and toss it a bit.
- Put the Chana, Urid Dal, Methi seeds, Cloves and Cinammon into the thick bottomed pan.
- Gently toss the spices till you see the Dals turn golden brown. Then transfer the roasted spices to a medium sized bowl.
- Now add the Red Chillies, Coconut powder and Coriander seeds and toss them till the chillies become a little crisp. Make sure not to burn them. This should not take more than 1 to 1.5 minutes. Trasfer them to the same bowl that contains the other roasted spices. Just a note: You could also add the spices in the same order as before, but not take them of till all of them are roasted. The first method is easier and ensures nothing gets burnt as not all spices roast at the same heat. If you prefer the second method, like I do, the trick is to keep the heat as low as possible that nothing burns fast but still high enough to be able to roast. That depends on your stove, or the strength of the flame of your burner.
- Let the spices cool down completely. Then blend the spices using a coffee blender and transfer the blended powder onto another bowl if you are going to use it make Huli right away. Or put in a clean dry Air tight Jar, if you are going to store it for later.
- You have your Huli Pudi! Now make your Huli and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
India is home to millions of people who have been vegetarians for more than 2000 years. We want to bring the richness of that to your kitchens and hope it makes you as happy as I am.
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOU?
All our services are delivered online. We do not have or need a physical presence.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We will be launching the spice store soon. For other services, we will anounce the costs when we launch. Our goal is to keep it as affordable as possible so more people can benefit fromo our efforts. You can get more details by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
If you want me to conduct a class for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and will get back to you.
Who is this for?
Struggling with your health? Want to lose weight in a sustainable way? Want to adopt healthy food habits?
Our clients will be anyone who wants to, in general, adopt healthy food habits or have health problems due to high blood sugar. Amma's kitchen is in the process of setting up the team to soon launch a Clinical trial to get data to train the AI that will help our nutritionists to deliver personalised nutritional advice.
Plus our team of therapists are at your disposal to help those who know what is the right food to eat, but have problems maintaining the right diet and help them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY FOOD HABITS THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Be in touch!
If you have the passion for vegetarian food, we are here to show you how to adopt Indian Vegetarian into your life and home as a vegan/vegetarian or along with meat.