Thuppa or Ghee
- Medium Sized Pan
- Fine Sieve
- 600 grams Unsalted Butter 82% or higher fat content. Lesser fat means, more cooking time to get the water out and lesser output of the Thuppa or Ghee.
- Keep a medium sized pot on a slow flame.
- Once the pot becomes hot add the butter. Let it melt.
- Once you see a simmer in the melted butter, adjust the flame to as low as possible such that you still have a very mild visible simmering.
- You do not have to do much now other than keep an eye on the pot and let the water in it evaporate.
- Soon you will see the milk solids start to separate and float. And after some time they will start settling down.
- Once the milk solids settle down,you need to keep an eye on the pot. You will see the solids settled in the bottom start to brown. Allow as much solids to settle and brown. You will still find some floating stubbornly, and we do not need all of them to settle.
- Once most of the milk solids have browned visibly, pour out the Thuppa / Ghee onto another clean pot in which you can store it through a filter and drain out the solids. Once cooled it can solidify at room temperature and will have a golden colour.
- You have you Thuppa or Ghee! Store it in an airtight container, in the refrigerator and use it for weeks.
- Thuppa or Ghee is high in Poly and Mono Unstaurated fats, which is claimed to help protect from Cardiovascular diseases, improve cognitive function1.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
India is home to millions of people who have been vegetarians for more than 2000 years. We want to bring the richness of that to your kitchens and hope it makes you as happy as I am.
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOU?
All our services are delivered online. We do not have or need a physical presence.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We will be launching the spice store soon. For other services, we will anounce the costs when we launch. Our goal is to keep it as affordable as possible so more people can benefit fromo our efforts. You can get more details by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
If you want me to conduct a class for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and will get back to you.
Who is this for?
Struggling with your health? Want to lose weight in a sustainable way? Want to adopt healthy food habits?
Our clients will be anyone who wants to, in general, adopt healthy food habits or have health problems due to high blood sugar. Amma's kitchen is in the process of setting up the team to soon launch a Clinical trial to get data to train the AI that will help our nutritionists to deliver personalised nutritional advice.
Plus our team of therapists are at your disposal to help those who know what is the right food to eat, but have problems maintaining the right diet and help them bridge the gap between knowing and doing.
IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY FOOD HABITS THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Be in touch!
If you have the passion for vegetarian food, we are here to show you how to adopt Indian Vegetarian into your life and home as a vegan/vegetarian or along with meat.